Orders and Payments
Salumeria Italia is available to Trade Customers only.
New Customers need to register your business details on the website (complete relevant form). As soon as the details are validated, your account will be activated and a confirmation email will be sent to you.
Please set your browser to accept cookies in order to make full use of the Website, which includes adding items to your shopping cart and checking out from our store.
Registered Customers need to login to make an order as per below:
- Select the products you wish to purchase and click the “Place Order” button;
- You will receive a confirmation email with your order number and a Proforma Invoice which will be an estimated invoice based on the average weight of your ordered products;
- Check the proforma invoice carefully. If you find any mistakes contact our Customer Services, otherwise proceed with the bank transfer payment;
- Transfer the exact amount specified on the proforma invoice using the order number stated in your order email confirmation;
- Once the payment is received, your order will be prepared and shipped together with the commercial invoice based on the actual weight of ordered products;
- Your order will usually be delivered within 7 business days (please read the Delivery Information section).
Bank transfer is the only acceptable payment method. Please transfer the exact amount specified on the proforma invoice using the unique reference order number stated in your order confirmation.
PRO FORMA INVOICE
Many of the products on the website are sold by weight according to the €/kg price displayed on the product description page. The weight indicated on each product page is approximate to help you estimate the total amount of the order. This estimate amount will appear on the Proforma invoice and will need to be paid for the order to be dispatched.
Once payment is processed, your order will be prepared and all the products will be weighted and costed accordingly. A commercial invoice will be sent to you electronically.
In most cases, the proforma invoice amount and the commercial invoice amount will differ slightly:
- if the commercial invoice amount is greater than the proforma invoice amount paid, you are kindly requested to pay the difference within 5 business days from the delivery date;
- if the commercial invoice amount is less than the proforma invoice amount paid, you will receive a credit note and a full refund of the difference within 5 business days from the delivery date. You can also ask to use the credit against your next purchase.
We try to limit the difference between the proforma amount and final invoice amount to the extent this is commercially reasonable, given the weight variability of the products offered for sale.
The product prices displayed on the Website are exclusive of Value-Added Tax (VAT).
Since we only sell goods to trade customers with a valid VAT number, and these goods are sent from Italy to another EU country, we do not charge VAT, according to the Italian Decree Law no. 331/1993.
You can check your VAT number here.
Prices are quoted in Euro. If your local currency is different from the currency the prices are quoted in, your bank will apply the exchange rate applicable per the date of purchase. Your bank may apply a different exchange rate, which is beyond our control.